Go To Europe is aimed at students and teachers of Higher Vocational Education and Training courses in Information Technology and Administration at IES Bezmiliana.
Our main objectives of participating in the Erasmus+ programme are:
- To improve the quality of Vocational Education and Training courses and to make them more appealing.
- To encourage competitiveness, entrepreneurship as well as skills required in the European labour world.
- To reinforce and enrich the knowledge of languages and culture of several European Union countries by promoting cultural integration.
To provide ‘general training’, facilitating work in technology companies in other European countries, to increase competences and skills that potentially improve the employability of the trainees and provide a stepping-stone to higher qualifications and improvement of professional skills, worker adaptability for teachers.
Students with adverse socioeconomic situations and precarious job prospects will be prioritized, a situation that is aggravated by the current economic crisis, which hinders their chances of accessing a job. Most of these students, after the completion of their studies, find it difficult to access their first job due to the lack of previous professional experience and, therefore, assume a higher risk of social exclusion, especially significant in the current socio-economic situation in our country.
Updating pedagogy, acquiring greater knowledge about work practices and about the situation and opportunities offered by the labor market, updating knowledge, acquiring and developing skills that allow for a better performance of professional work are the objectives that are pursued for teachers.
Through mobility and cooperation, internationalisation will contribute to the modernisation of IES Bezmiliana by forming globally competent graduates, internationally engaged citizens, and by improving the quality and relevance of our programs. Mobility programs aim to complement our curriculum by providing opportunities for students to experience international education first-hand. Within this context, the opportunities offered by the Eramus+ Programme are recognised as a vital means through which students can develop the attributes they need, and staff can strengthen teaching and research through cooperative working.
The IES Bezmiliana encourages the construction of a new European space that motivates the promotion of cooperation between home and host institutions to offer mobility opportunities. However, it is also intended to offer a comprehensive response that complements the technical training of the participant: language training, sociocultural preparation, acquisition of social skills, basic training on European legislation, etc.
Our VET learners have to undertake traineeships in a different country of the European Union within Erasmus+ programme. In fact, not only our students but also our teachers participate in these mobility actions, especially regarding the training modality.
The Erasmus Program for Higher Education KA103 includes the types of mobility that are contemplated to achieve the objectives of our institutional strategy.
IES Bezmiliana has the human and material resources necessary for the management of international mobility projects to enable them to be developed successfully and to the greatest possible advantage for the beneficiaries. The project will be managed by the International Office, this team consists of the coordinator and the heads of department of vocational training. The International Office will be responsible for the dissemination, selection and advice to students and teachers.
Student mobility for traineeships supports the acquisition of skills and improves personal development, improves foreign language proficiency, raises awareness and understanding of other cultures and countries, offering the opportunity to build networks of international contacts, thus facilitating the student’s entry into the labour market.
The mobility of teachers for training allows: knowledge of other teaching methods, interaction with other professionals, pedagogical updating and acquisition of new skills through courses, allowing a better performance of their work.
Through mobility and cooperation, internationalisation will contribute to the modernisation of IES Bezmiliana by forming globally competent graduates, internationally engaged citizens, and by improving the quality and relevance of our programs. Mobility programs aim to complement our curriculum by providing opportunities for students to experience international education first-hand.
Within this context, the opportunities offered by the Programme are recognised as a vital means through which students can develop the attributes they need, and staff can strengthen teaching and research through cooperative working. Impact on modernisation of IES Bezmiliana is definitely expected through participating in the Erasmus Programme.
- a) Increasing attainment levels to provide the graduates and researchers Europe needs: There will be a positive impact on the increasing attainment levels, because students at IES Bezmiliana, after finishing their education, will be ready to enter the professional world, however, it will also be a stepping stone to higher level of education, university level. Ensuring students are financially supported by the high school will give them the opportunity to open their eyes to a new experience abroad which will enrich them with the core competences needed in the world today.
- b) Improving the quality and relevance of higher education: The internationalisation process will allow IES Bezmiliana to improve their teaching quality. With a better teaching and learning process the student body will be able to acquire the competences needed to live and work in an international world. The Internationalization process that we are involved in now aims for the highest quality of learning experience as a core element of education at our institution. Gaining a better understanding of the world will allow our students to increase their employability at home and abroad.
- c) Strengthening quality through mobility and cross-border co-operation Sending students and teachers abroad will allow them to get experience new cultures, languages, and build intercultural and cross-cultural competences. These are key competences needed in daily life. It will increase their employability at home and across the rest of the world. Another opportunit for students and teachers is to build a network when going abroad,which is needed in this current, globalised world as employers’ need for international experience is high.
- d) Internationalisation of IES Bezmiliana will contribute to training our student body in a way which will allow them to see other ways of working and solving problems. Having had an experience abroad will open their minds to creative problem solving and ideas. All of this will contribute to enhancing their chances of employability and not only that, they will bring more quality to their job roles. Creating and developing partnerships will improve the links between education, knowledge and employability and encourage the entrepreneurial, creative and innovative skills at the institution.
- e) Increase the number of women enrolled in Information Technology. Currently it is only 3.5%.
The IES Bezmiliana will see an improvement in the delivery of degrees since, through the evaluation reports of internships (both participants and host institutions), teachers from institutions of origin may enrich their teaching methodology and skills in order to adapt them to the needs and demands of the European working environment and to the needs identified in the destination companies of the stedents, so we try to gradually reduce any gaps that may be identified between the training curriculum of pupils and the vocational qualification needs of the labour market.
The increase in the employment rates of our students will also be a recognition for our school, thanks to the competitive advantages that it will entail for them to carry out their internships in an international environment and to the improvement of their linguistic and multicultural skills.
At local and regional level, our high school will offer the labour market future specialised and better trained graduates, so that, through a staff with knowledge of languages and professional skills acquired in a European environment, companies reach higher levels of modernization and internationalization. These are fundamental characteristics for the Spanish company to be more competitive.
The improvement of these rates of employability, social integration and employment of participants who have developed their internships at European level once they have obtained their qualifications will be evaluated in the short and medium term against those who have not had access to this opportunity; the level of satisfaction of the contracting undertakings of participants in such projects in relation to other workers will also be assessed.
Timeline – Steps
2021 – Request Erasmus program KA103
03/2022 – Student mobility for traineeships, Teachers Mobility for training activities
10/2022 – Teachers Mobility for training activities
03/2023 – Student mobility for traineeships, Teachers Mobility for training activities
In the first steps of the internationalization program the number of students and teachers who will make mobilities will be gradually increased to achieve the goals.